ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
• Review and Revise all practices as related to cost accounting principles by working with inventory management and part set ups to ensure all costing is posting correctly to Financial Statements and inventory.
• Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executive Director, Development and Board of Directors
• Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
• Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
• Help build commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
• Work closely with Executive Director in the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for staff and program components
• Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
• Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought after department goal
• Report to the Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally
• Supervise overall Operations (including: Safety, Security, Computer Services and Building Maintenance)
• Other duties as necessary
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance, Operations, & HR Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s preferred; three or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license is preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements. Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication for staff, Board of Directors and Executive Director.